So obviously here at Glass City Pipes, we are a little biased as we both love and sell glass water pipes :p, but below are some of the biggest advantages that we've found while using Bongs and other types of Glass Water Pipes. Now don't get us wrong, we love a good paper sesh, but all the benfits and community aspects of using a bong can not be understated. Remember, if you want to checkout out current selection of in stock bongs, you can do there here.
1. A bong can cool and filter smoke to give you a smoother smoke inhale that feels less harsh than what you get when smoking from papers. Advanced filtration is brought on by percolators and advance cooling is brought on by ice catches / pinches.
a) a percolator is a design within a bong which provides an extra level of filtration to your smoke. Additionally, it can create cool bubbling or swirling effects within then bong when taking hits.
b) a ice catcher or ice pinch is an enhancement to the bong usually located in the middle or upper section of the bong, close to the mouthpiece. It typically include 3 or more prongs where you can stack ice cubes within the bong. This cool the smoke as it travels through the bong or glass water pipe before hitting your lips.
2. The water inside bongs can trap bacteria to reduce the number of microbes that you inhale. Smokers tend to pass rolled papers, pipes, and bongs around, which can also pass illnesses. With a bong, some of those contaminants get filtered through the water instead of your lungs.
To get the maximum benefits from your bong, you should change the water out between each smoking session. A weekly deep clean with rubbing alcohol and Epsom salt is also a good idea.
3. A bong can come in a variety of sizes and the bigger the bong, the larger the rips you can take. With rolled paper, you can only take so large of a hit each time. However, with a bong you can fill the entirety of the piece with smoke and continuously inhale. As long as the bowl is lit, there is not limit to the amount you can smoke in one toke.
4. Bong are more efficient which helps you to save your herb which makes it last longer and keeps money in your pocket. Flower in rolled papers continuously burns, which means unless you are consistently inhaling it, a lot of smoke is lost in the air. Bongs don't have the same continuous burn, which allows you to smoke at your own pace and to not waste as much of your stash.
5. They are conversation starters and create a fun friendly experience. People love to talk about and show off their pieces. You can talk about where it was made, what are the features, and what makes it special. Then you and your friends can try each others water pipes and see what combination of features is your favorite. You can hang out with your friends, take your time, relax and enjoy your sesh. You can leave a packed bowl and talk and relight as you want over any period of time. The bong is always there ready and waiting!